Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tornado Destroyed our Farm House

I am too tired to type very much.

Our farm house, the one I raised my children in....the one my daughter , her husband and baby currently lived in....is destroyed. All of the barns and outbuildings etc lost. We may be able to salvage some of their belongings. Maybe alot of them. There were thousands of trees down. I had extreme difficulty navigating my own property that I have owned since 1994. I have never witnessed such devastation.

One cat is dead and the other is missing. Both of the dogs are ok other than being traumatised. We brought them here.
Our daughter and family have moved in with us.

It looks like a totally different place.. The tree line is gone. Hundred year old trees are splintered, twisted and uprooted. Debris is everywhere. We couldnt even walk down our driveway the trees and debris was so thick.

Churches, fire department ....all gone.

We still don't know about some things there because we can't get to them.

We are reeling but we are very grateful and praising God tonight for keeping our family safe. There is no way they would have survived had they chosen to stay there.

Praise You my Father, The creator of the universe, The God of Israel and of Cammy

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry, Cammy!
    Praying for you all my friend.
    Praise the LORD that your family is safe.
    Love,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. My internet connection is not good,but wanted to try to tell you that we are probably not to far from you and if you need ANYTHING at all PLEASE let me know. I am keeping you all in my prayers!
    Cary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cammy, I am so sorry. I am also so THANKFUL that your dear family is safe. I am praying for you. God Bless. Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cammy, I am sorry. The devestation happening down there is terrible. So wonderful that your family is safe. God is so good.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my dear friend, I am SOOOO sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine. Know that I am praying for you and your family and so thankful you ALL are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word. So very sorry for you! We will be praying for you and all the families who have lost so much. Praise God you and your family are alive and well. Stay safe and may the Lord of all be with you during these tumultuous times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.... I am so sorry! I am thankful that everyone is o.k. No one knows why these things happen, but we do know that God is always there to help us through them. I will be praying for you and your family :O)

    Crispe

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Cammy! I just heard about your family's devastation! I am SO VERY SORRY! I can tell you as someone who lost everything (materialistic) in a housefire once that I just felt all kinds of emotions throughout the whole ordeal, but it got better with time. Things can be replaced, lives cannot. It is just so hard when it is your home, where all your memories are, your comfort area, your safezone...but God is your true comfort zone, your true safe zone...UNDER HIS WINGS is where He will gather your family during this disaster and HE will take care of you and you will see blessings from this disaster. I do not say this flippantly, I say it from the heart as one who wholeheartedly believes it, has seen it come to fruition and looks forward to seeing how HE WILL BLESS Your FAMILY...it will take time and hard work. I will be in prayer for you and your family and I am always here for you if you need me...I feel so strongly that we should lift our Christian brothers up and encourage them during times of trouble. I truly mean that I am here for you whenever you need to talk or vent...shout, get mad, Praise God...whatever emotion you want to portray...(((HUGS))) and much love!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your blessed thoughts today!