Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Life Is Not My Own

This photo was taken last year at the farm, before the tornado.


I have been reminded that my life is not my own. My God, the God of Israel, owns me. I am bought with a price, the shed blood of His son. I am a servant to the Most High God. Because of this, I am regenerated. I am a new person. When a person truly turns their life over to God, that person is forever changed and this will be evidenced by the way their life is lived.






We are created to glorify God. We are not to live for a job, a hobby or recognition. We are to bring glory to God.






God's will is perfect and cannot be thwarted. Everything comes at the hand of God and everything is for the very best. Another way to say this is "All things work together for good of those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose."






Therefore, it is senseless for me to get irritated when things are not accomplished quickly enough to suit me or everything does not work out the way I planned. For my plans matter not in the least. Everything unfolds according to the plan of my Father. He is the master. If we allow ourselves to realize that we are not in control, it is then that we will be truly free.






What or who, are you living for today? What or who motivates you? What is your purpose in this life?






Blessed be the name of the Lord God of Israel!






CammyH



hopefulheart77

5 comments:

  1. This is a post that has most particularly touched me. I am being taught this very lesson right now with respect to a health situation. Life sometimes just doesn't quite turn out the way we imagined, or work out the way we thought it would, does it? But if we know that it truly is God Who is guiding all, then we can know that all will be well with our souls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cammy,

    I needed these words today my friend, thank you so very much!
    It is easy to forget that everything is His, isn't it?
    Love,
    Catherine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this I needed this .. Been a tough afternoon for me.. I do hope things are getting better ... Thanks for stopping by my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike...or at least along similar lines! :) I touch on this concept in my upcoming blog. God was surely onto something when He suggested that we share & bear one another's burdens. Thank you for the blessings of friendship and encouragement!

    Starr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it is a comfort to know I am not in control of things, that God is...when I get over my wanting to control everything and turn it over, that wonderful peace that surpasses all understanding will eventually find its way in if I push fear aside. God is not the author of chaos and does not like chaos any more than we do, what He is so remarkable at is bringing good out of chaos, though. He is so amazing. Thanks for sharing something I for one need to be reminded of every day as I'm what you might call a "Type A" personality and have control issues I struggle with. (((HUGS))) to my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your blessed thoughts today!