Monday, June 27, 2011

The State of the Farmstead 2




Good evening family and friends,




It has been a very busy few days.




The gardens are beginning to produce. Whoohoo!


I have been very busy weeding, watering etc. I love it though!




My sweet hubby bought me a composter. I was able to get it started today. I am very excited about it.




The hens finally accepted the new biddies. They are now allowed to eat and drink without being pecked. The little ones are even allowed in the coop.




Our state still is under an emergency drought order....otherwise known as a no burn order. This includes all counties. So, for now, there isn't much we can do at the farmstead. We need to be able to burn as we cut.


We do have a nice christian man that is interested in helping us remove some of the trees that are suitable for lumber. I am happy about this blessing from God.




My Father takes great care of me. He has sent me friends and strangers to help. After being out of touch for a long time, my friend Starr showed up the day of the tornado. She has worked almost everytime I have. My friend Lalonni and her family came out to help us after the tornado and have helped in other ways. Then there is Susan and Rick. My daddy and brother never left my side. I am sure I am leaving out people and I don't want to do that. I had step-mother, aunts, uncles, cousins, and strangers to help us. And there are a few who have not forgotten. They are here for the long haul. God has helped me so very much. He has provided all that I have needed or wanted. I was surprised at who showed up and at who did not. But God sent just what I needed. All these people have helped Myself, hubby and daughters in many ways. God is to be praised!


God bless you all.









5 comments:

  1. This will sound odd the first time through, remember who I am and that I mean it with the best of intentions and then read it again. That having been said...

    I am terribly sorry for the pain and heart ache you have been going through. I am also thankful that your family is having another opportunity to go through this together. To have this spot where you have to pull together to get it done in a timely mannor or at all, that is a blessing from the Father. I am sure you know this and with babies it may seem like more than you all can handel, remember He has promised to not give us more than we can handle. Let the Father carry you through this time of very hard and seemingly endless labor.

    The picture of your daughter with your grand baby is great. Thanks for sharing. And the tree sure had been there a long time before it said good-bye hugh?. Have a great day growing in the Father with your family. Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our babies are not more than we can handle. We consider them to be among God's greatest blessings.

    I am very grateful to God for all my blessings. Especially my family. I am a blessed woman and very acutely aware of that.

    That having been said, I would not be honest with my feelings if I did not admit to feeling sad, or overwhelmed by the devastation of our home at times. This serves only to remind me that I can do nothing, but my Father God can do everything that He wills. He soothes my pain and strengthens my hands, teaching me as I go. For everytime I begin to be sad for what we lost, the next thought is of what we did not lose. God spared my family. It is more than sufficient. He is the most wonderful provider. If there is any fault, it is in me.
    We are never overwhelmed by our babies because we are too busy enjoying them.
    When I am sad about the devastation, I press in closer to Him. He never fails me.

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get rain soon, so you can continue your cleanup. Enjoy your composter!

    *Christi jo*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new compost! Your added comment is right on. Babies are never more than one can handle even during hard times.If anything..they are the ones who keep you pushing harder to meet the goal at hand. I think the picture of your daughter and the sweet baby were precious!
    Many blessings,
    Cary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cary Ann, you are so right! Our babies keep us going sometimes when we might not think we can. My heart does flip flops every time I look at my little grandson. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your blessed thoughts today!