Saturday, June 19, 2010

Plan Your Work And Work Your Plan

Dear Friends and Family,

As a rule, I do not post the same thing on all my blogs. However, due to the urgency I feel in sharing this message, I have decided to make an exception. Please forgive my redundancy.


My sweet husband has been sharing the phrase found in this blog title with me for quite some time. He is so smart! On this Sabbath day of rest, I have time to reflect on this. I have been engaged in a college course that helps you with strategy. Plan your work and work your plan! This phrase is used frequently. I am also reading a book by John Edmund Haggai. Here is a summary of what I am learning from these three sources about scheduling ie. Plan your work and work your plan!

Some of the suggestions I have compiled for accomplishing a working plan are as follows:

Rise early in the morning for your quiet time with the Lord. This should include prayer, Bible study and a time of quiet reflection to hear the Lord’s voice. Without all three of these elements, we can become unbalanced in our lives.

With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, make a list of the things you need to accomplish for the day.

Incorporate these things into your schedule for the day. Ideally, you already have a weekly skeletal schedule in place, so that appointments etc. can easily be inserted as neccesary. If not, take the time to create one.

Ask the Lord for the wisdom to plan your work and then ask Him for the grace to work your plan.

As you work through your list for the day, check these things off. At the end of the day, take time to contemplate the sense of satisfaction that comes from successfully completed tasks.

Mr. Haggai teaches us that “scheduling defeats frenzy and hurry by bringing regularity into our lifestyle and by imposing order on what may othewise be a chaotic, moment-to-moment existence. “ He says that ” Hurry is symptomatic of a weakly organized mind. Without scheduling and organization you will move fast and make mistakes and that will lead to discouragement and tension.”

Remember that “The Lord gives us the time to do everything He expects us to do. We have an obligation and a privilege to utilize these God-given resources so that His will for us may be fulfilled. And in turn ,that fulfillment honors Him and dispels anxiety. God help us to live in such a way as our Lord while yet on earth was able to do- so that we can say, “I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do” (John 17:4b)”.

All quotes are from John Edmund Haggai :How To Win Over Worry”.

It appears that I have much room for improvement in the area of scheduling. I am grateful and humbled that God would be so kind and gracious as to point this out and teach me how to be victorious in this area of my life.

There are many other areas concerning daily living that I am studying. I will share these with you as the Lord leads.

May the Lord bless you teach you His ways!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. The Lord is dealing with me in some of these areas. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your blessed thoughts today!