Saturday, July 3, 2010

Farm Garden Photos

This is a tomato horned worm. He has eggs from a beneficial parasitic wasp laid on him. This will kill him. Then there will be many more beneficial wasps in the garden. I actually felt very sorry for him but they will eat down a whole tomato plant in one night. I am thankful for Gods delicate balance in nature.

It is much bigger than it looks! Especially when you are at the business end of the hoe!

You can see the squash are dying back. ....time to replant

Top View from a little farther away in the field.

Below View from the gate leading into the field






A couple of tomato plants up close

1 comment:

  1. I hate tomato worms. When I was a wee girl, my mom and I were picking them off of our plants. She would have me drop them and then she would stomp on them. Well, one time, I was standing too close when she stomped and is squished up my leg. You can only imagine my trauma as I went screaming through the yard looking for the hose. Did I mention that I hate them?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your blessed thoughts today!