
This is corn from last year or the year before. I do not have a picture of this years corn but maybe tomorrow when the sun is out I will take time to snap a few.
Alas, I have grown weary of blogging about the destruction. I want to talk about something I enjoy....something pretty. This brings to mind my corn. Most people probably do not consider corn to be pretty. However, I was raised on country sunshine and I think it is beautiful.
The soaker hoses are working so well my corn is barely noticing the lack of rain in our area.
In the midst of all the tornado disaster I have had precious little time for my up and coming vegetable crops. They do not seem to have noticed. I have watered thoroughly once weekly and they are thriving. God is so good to me.
It is now time er..... past time for trellising the green beans. I have some tomato seedlings ready to be planted out and am watching the little pepper seedlings as they take their sweet time about it.
I have some tomato plants in pots that seems to be doing quite well. One even has a few green tomatoes on it. The garlic is ready to be harvested and the chamomile succumbed to the heat after allowing me to make a tincture. Hopefully it will re seed and come back next year. All my other herb plants are doing well and I intend to get some basil planted this week. A couple of my first time herbs this year are motherwort, stevia and bee balm. I tried bee balm last year to no avail but this year I cheated a little and bought a plant. :)
I love the spring and summertime!
Praise God for all His blessings!
How are your daughter and son in law? Are they staying with you?
ReplyDeleteGod has His hand on you and yours, I know you know that, and He will use all things for good for you, because you love Him. Waiting to see the next good thing makes life quite interesting.
I;m glad to hear that your plants are faring well, despite the lack of rain! :)
ReplyDeleteI am desperately sad for your sorrow. Please know that your family is in our prayers. May God hold you up and bring joy out of this terrible sorrow.
ReplyDelete"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." (Psalm 30:5)
Hopeing for a plentiful garden this year too. *smile* Sorry for the destruction at your country home. I gasped when I saw the picture and read. I know it was your pet project that you all were slowly working on. I hope your garden spot is coming along nicely even with the destruction in other places. So sorry for your heart ache and loss. Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & SO much more!
ReplyDeleteI love the corn picture! Our corn is a bout 2 inches tall right now :O) We had a bad tornado hit here in Missouri, about 3 hrs from us. This distructive weather is getting out of hand, so many lives lost :O(
ReplyDelete*Christi jo*
My prayers are with you there, and your crop looks so great, I do pray it will be saved and harvested. Praying that you will spared any other harm from these storms, God has blessed us and the storms have passed by here, Again love your blog, I am new to it, but will return, and become a follower, I love farming and homesteading it blesses my heart to be part of it. Seems it is a lost life style for some reason, if folks would get back to the basics they would be so happy and so much better off.
ReplyDeleteLots of hugs for you there from one sister to another, Barbara from http://bakinnbitsbarbara.blogspot.com/