Sunday, September 26, 2010

Feast Of Tabernacles/Sukkot

This is the temporary dwelling (sukkah)spoken of in Levitcus 23, we built Wednesday afternoon. It looks much better in real life Really it does.............



My, My this has been a wonderful, busy few days. You see, it is the Feast of Tabernacles spoken of in Leviticus 23. I believe in Jesus for my salvation and I try to follow all the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelations. This includes keeping God's Feast Days such as Passover as well as not eating things the Scriptures say not to eat. I keep the Sabbath on the seventh day (Saturday.) I believe very much in grace and I try hard to be kind and to love my neighbor as myself. I live this way because it is the way that I believe God said to live. After all, this is the way Jesus lived when He walked this earth. I am ashamed to say that I fail God in some way every day. This is usually something to do with my mouth. I am thankful for Grace and Mercy and for a God that is patient as He teaches me.


This week end we were able to rejoin our former Congregation. It has been 3 long years and we are grateful to God. You see, this is the season of our joy. This is the season that we celebrate the birth of Jesus. We do lots of Davidic Praise and worship dancing during this time. The word Feast, when used in leviticus 23 means, in part, dancing in a circle. I love to dance before the Lord. This is my passion. Except for a brief couple of months when I was teaching a dance class to a few people and we were meeting with them for Bible Study , praise and worship, I have done very little dancing over the past 3 years. This has been due to the lack of a congregation as well as injuries. I spent Friday afternoon trying to restore my confidence that I was still able to dance. I danced for hours then went to dance practice and danced some more. We danced during praise and worship time, had Bible Study then we danced a couple of more hours after the service. The next day we all met at the park for fellowship, Bible study, more dancing and mikveh(Baptism for some in the river). That night, I went back to dance practice then danced during praise and worship. I cannot tell you how happy I am. This is truly the season of our joy.


The picture above is a sukkah or (temporary dwelling). My sister and I built it in the backyard. It is very temporary but it serves the purpose and we enjoyed many happy hours in it since Wednesday night. Today it rained and it appears that we will rebuild it soon.


We believe in the whole Bible. We believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, walked this earth performing miracles and teaching us how to live, died on the cross, rose on the third day and now sits at the right hand of the Father. We just carry out our worship and obedience a little differently than others. We are not judgemental of how others choose to worship or carry out their own obedience. All believers are brothers and sisters and we love all of them as such. I believe in and lay claim to a very personal , close relationship with God. I give all the honor and praise and glory to God for that. I am grateful that He allows such sweet fellowship with Him.


I cannot tell you what a blessing it is to be part of a godly, likeminded congregation once again. I am grateful and humbled at my Fathers blessing and favor on me.


May the Lord bless you and keep you.

3 comments:

  1. Loved your post...I learned some new things as well...thank you for sharing this with us. Wonderful:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I've never heard of this celebration. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your blessed thoughts today!