Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Garden Surprise!

Today I walked out to my Victory Garden to see how much work would be involved in cleaning it up for the winter. I usually pull all the plants , remove tomato cages etc. I want to get a load of manure on it and put a heavy layer of wheat straw on it. That would get it ready for Spring planting. I thought everything was finished making.

Well..... I was able to harvest several armenian cucumbers with more little ones to be ready soon. They also have blooms.
And.....I harvested okra! The plants just sat there all this time and now.....they started producing.....for the first time this year. I was really disappointed in my garden this year. I am not sure why it suddenly began to produce but PRAISE THE LORD!!!

I even got a few cherry tomatos.

God is so good!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome....praising God with you.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your garden is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings come when we least expect them. *smile* My garden produced oddly this year too. Just not like last year. Thankful for the produce of any kind though. *big smile* Have a great time preparing the garden for it's season of rest. *smile* Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your blessed thoughts today!