Thursday, September 16, 2010

HomeMade Laundry Powder

I made liquid laundry soap for about a year. One day I was very busy and ran out. I decided to modify my recipe and see what happened. I have been using it this way for quite some time now and I am very pleased. I have two variations. Both of these work. Sometimes I may not have a specific ingredient on hand, that is why I have two variations.


1 bar fels naptha soap grated
2 cups washing soda
2 cups baking soda
4 cups borax.

Put in a large plastic container and shake. I use a plastic gallon jug that I recycled after using all the mayonaise. Use two tablespoons per load

Here is the second recipe

1 bar ivory soap grated
2 cups baking soda
2 cups borax

Mix together and use 2 tablespoons per load

Sometimes I add a few drops of essential oil like lavendar.



Making my own laundry detergent has not only saved me plenty of money, it has also given me the satisfaction of doing it myself. I feel great that my family and my septic tank are not being filled with harmful chemicals.

Be blessed and thankful today!

6 comments:

  1. I too make laundry soap...but not the liquid. Will need to try it. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seeing how well this works. I doubt I ever go back to the trouble to make liquid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to try this! Thanks for sharing.

    Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing spot to slip off my shoes and dip my toes.

    Splashin,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I have been debating on trying this. I think I will give it a try. Thank you so much for sharing your recipes! I hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started this about a year ago and haven't turned back! I don't use the baking soda, so I'll have to try that way too!
    Thanks,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your blessed thoughts today!