My husband and son in love have been outside digging the garden. Now, lest you think us to be heathen, I will explain why they are doing it today. We keep the Sabbath. So, yesterday, we were resting and going to fellowship. Today is the first day of our work week. Just to be clear, we believe in Jesus wholeheartedly. We just keep the entire Bible. We attempt , the best we understand, to live the way Jesus lived while He walked this earth.
The Victory Garden is officially underway. I began digging it a couple of weeks ago and then the babies got sick and I stopped. Today the men are digging and the women are cleaning the house. The sunshine is beautiful and I am longing to be out in it...but I am longing for my house to be clean even more.
We use a method called "How to garden in hard times" by Steve Soloman. That is from memory so I hope it is accurate. We hand dig the garden with a shovel.
A few hours later: :)
I went to my neice's birthday party for a couple of hours today. She is now two years old. My granny was there. My daddy played guitar and sang a few songs. Then my granny who is 86 years old, sang a few. My daddy asked my sister and I to sing for him and we obliged him with a few songs. It was a wonderful afternoon. Now I am back to cleaning the house.
Have a blessed evening.
Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your family! There is a church near we live that have Saturday services instead of Sunday...so i do not think you worshiping God on Saturday and starting your work day on Sunday is heathen at all...and I would never think that of you anyways.Your love of God shows through in your writting. I hope your little neice had a wonderful birthday.
ReplyDelete