
God is so good to me. And I do not deserve it. He has bestowed unmerited favor upon me just by creating me and allowing me to be His child.
The mercy and grace of our loving Father, our Abba, moves me to tears.
I have been moving around rooms and spring cleaning. In the process , I am transferring things to my office/sewing/daughers room when she visits :) My favorite place to pray is outside. I have shared with you about my prayer spot in the country with the picnic table in the woods. I have also shared about my prayer spot here, in my herb garden.
There is only one problem. I find myself out of the routine when the weather is inclement or when my little baby neice arrives in the mornings and catches me before prayers.
I think the Lord has revealed a solution. I will turn one of the two closets in my room.....into a prayer closet. I plan to install a little battery operated light for scripture reading. I will also place a soft portable chair inside and a small table for my tea.
The man whose teaching I have been sitting under for the last 5 weeks gave this piece of advice. "God is speaking....pray that you will be able to hear him". I am hoping that a closed closet will afford me the time and atmosphere to be quiet and listen for God. I do so want to hear Him more.
While I do not intend to give up my outdoor prayer spot, I think this will be a great place to listen to God and also be good for inclement weather and prayer time while the baby naps.
Will you share with me where you pray?
May the God of Israel reveal Himself to you today and draw you ever closer to His side!
I just pray in the middle of what I'm doing...otherwise, I'd never get to!!
ReplyDeleteHi Jessica,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.
I think it is so wonderful that we can pray where ever we are and whatever we are doing. :) I do alot of that too! My little neice is so cute. I was changing her diaper the other day and thought of something I needed to pray about. When she knew I was finished , she same Amen before I had a chance to get it out. Babies are so deliciously wonderful.....a great gift from our loving God! AMEN!
I too, have loved being a mother and an aunt, and now a MawMaw. God is so Good!
It is such a blessing to read your blog. It is very refreshing to hear the high calling of motherhood respected and honored for the gift it truly is.
Many blessings to you and your precious ones.
Cammy
hopefulheart77
I have heard of alot of people who have a prayer closet. I do all my praying in my bed at night time. I can "talk" all night there uninterrupted by the kiddies.And ususally have lots to "say" about what happened during the day I need help working on..which is usually patience and wisdom to make good decisions. I am always in need of God's help with that.Have a great day today :)
ReplyDeleteHey there Cammy!
ReplyDeletePersonally, I pray anywhere. I follow Susannah Wesley's direction of throwing my apron over my head and praying while standing in the kitchen! I talk to God in bed at night or sometimes in the bathtub.
Thank you for visiting me! Have a great day!